[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems API Docs

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Dec 7 07:11:09 EST 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 04:37 am, Mauricio Fernández wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:58:08AM -0500, Richard Kilmer wrote:
> > The whole API is public in that it is open source.  All the classes can
> > be manipulated by any person that wants (on their own machine, etc), and
> > we
> There is a distinction between API and mere source code, though.

No, you are right, there is a distinct difference.  When I used the term, I
was differentiating between design documentation and documentation about how
to call and use the existing objects in the system.  In other words, the
object level interfaces, as opposed to the system level API.  Perhaps it
would be better to just call it the "rdocs" (just as java programmers refer
to their "javadocs"), thereby leaving the confussing "A" out of the PI.

That's all I meant by it.