[Rubygems-developers] We try again: RubyGem Release 0.8.3

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Dec 7 00:47:45 EST 2004

Well, I'm ready to try again.  This is release 0.8.3 and I think I've worked
the bugs out.  I was able to try this on a windows machine today too, so that
is good (and Ruwiki installs fine with this version).

The download files are in the files area of RubyForge.  I'm going to spend a
little time tonight yet to put together a release announcement for tommorrow.
Any feedback between now and then would be appreciated.  (I'll upload the gem
file when I make the announcement).

By the way, there is now a release target in the RubyGems rakefile. Just say,
"rake release REL=0.8.3", and it will make sure you have checked in all your
files, clean out all your transient files, run all the unit tests, update the
version in the source file, check the updated source file into CVS, build all
the package deliverables and finally ... tag CVS with the release number.
All you have to do is upload the files to RubyForge and write a release
notice.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.