[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems API Docs

Richard Kilmer rich at infoether.com
Fri Dec 3 10:58:08 EST 2004

The whole API is public in that it is open source.  All the classes can be
manipulated by any person that wants (on their own machine, etc), and we
should publish it all so that someone who wants to fully understand/
contribute to the API can do so.  But you are correct that there is a subset
of the API that library developers that package stuff as gems need to
understand to be functional.  We will change the API over time as necessary,
attempt to always be backward compatible where possible,  and provide clear
direction on how to migrate in the event that compatibility is not achieved.

-rich