[Rubygems-developers] Remote Installer Progress

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Fri Dec 3 08:55:34 EST 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 06:56 am, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Jim Weirich wrote:
> > rubygems.rb).  Also, I'm not sure if ".gem" is an appropriate name when
> > in windows, I'm open to suggestions.
> Seems OK to me -- these are rather old:
> http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=gem&goButton=Go

Ahhh ... just to be clear, ".gem" is not the file extension, but the entire
file name.  It is a convention on unix that file beginnnig with "." are
hidden.  Lots of apps in unix put a ".appname" file in a users home directory
to store per user information.

So that's what I was asking, is a file name (not extension) ".gem" too weird
for windows users?