[Rubygems-developers] More work on the remote installer

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 09:56:04 EST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Mauricio [iso-8859-1] Fernández wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 02:25:46PM +0000, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
>>
>> Nobody has responded to my remarks about possible denial of service
>
> If I've understood it correctly, the per-user cached data would never
> be merged into the system cache.

OK, rereading I see that now.  I was assuming that the central
system would attempt to [get] leverage [from] the user updates
when the time came to update as root, but this was
never stated. To implement it would probably be useless anyway,
since the user files could now be out of date, as well.

Thanks, sorry for the noise :-)

         Hugh