[Rubygems-developers] Failing Unit Tests

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Aug 31 18:23:18 EDT 2004


Sorry, I haven't been very active lately ... been busy with other projects.

But, I did grab the latest CVS to check out the uberrequire hack.  To my 
dismay, I discovered that we have a failing unit test...

Is it just my setup, or are others getting it too?

== BEGIN UNIT TEST OUTPUT ===================================
Started
.............F.................................................................................................
Finished in 24.735418 seconds.

   1) Failure:
test_extract_entry_works(TC_TarReader::TC_TarInput)
     [./test/test_package.rb:527:in `test_extract_entry_works'
      ./test/test_package.rb:526:in `open_from_io'
      ./lib/rubygems/package.rb:507:in `open'
      ./test/test_package.rb:526:in `test_extract_entry_works']:
<"abcde"> expected but was
<nil>.

111 tests, 677 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors
rake aborted!
Command Failed: [ruby -Ilib -rscripts/runtest -e 
'run_tests("test/test*.rb", true)']
./Rakefile:25
-- 
-- Jim Weirich    jim at weirichhouse.org     http://onestepback.org
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct,
not tried it." -- Donald Knuth (in a memo to Peter van Emde Boas)


More information about the Rubygems-developers mailing list