[Rubygems-developers] Current bugs and loadpath_manager.rb

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Fri Aug 27 19:40:15 EDT 2004

I'm going through Gavin's error list.  Looks like the 'dbdbd' problem
(the only one I've looked at so far) is due to a bug in the new
LibraryStub stuff.  If a gem as require_paths set to [""], we end up
eventually trying to pass a +nil+ into the constructor for Pathname.

I'm going to side step this one for a minute in hopes that Gavin can
fix it more quickly.  it's probably also a good time to mention a new
file: lib/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb.  It may present an alternative
preferably to _any_ of our library stubs.  If we were to discuss and
agree, perhaps we could just rip all of the stub stuff back out?  Rich,
would you like to introduce how this works?