[Rubygems-developers] 0.8.0 ?

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Fri Aug 27 12:14:57 EDT 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

# Is RubyGems 0.8.0 coming out soon?
#
# I've noticed a couple of small issues with the latest CVS, represented
# by the following errors:
#
#   ERROR:  Error installing gem gems/cardinal-0.1.0.gem: undefined method `to_str' for nil:NilClass
#   Attempting local installation of 'gems/cardinal-0.1.0.gem'
#
#   ERROR:  Error installing gem gems/dbdbd-0.2.2.gem: undefined method `to_str' for nil:NilClass
#   Attempting local installation of 'gems/dbdbd-0.2.2.gem'
#
#   ERROR:  Error installing gem gems/fxruby-1.2.1.gem: cannot convert String into Array
#   Attempting local installation of 'gems/fxruby-1.2.1.gem'
#
# I say "small issues" because only a handful of gems in the repository
# are affected.  I'll get a chance to fix these tomorrow.
#
# Remember the issue with local gem files, Chad.  Don't release without
# fixing it :)

I've got that on my list, thanks.  It appears to be Windows-only and not
consistent among Windows users.

As for 0.8.0's timing, we've posted to ruby-talk that it will be less than
a week.  I've been flailing about with (sort of) two real jobs for a short
while, so my last week wasn't what I hoped it would be.

Chad