[Rubygems-developers] Bug in RubyGems/rpa-base's restricted implementation of tar?

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Aug 23 21:29:43 EDT 2004

Mauricio Fernández wrote:
> (I don't remember having seen a filename with *trailing* spaces ever),

Off Topic (slightly):  I once created a hidden file that also included a
trailing space in the name.  I wanted the file /really/ hidden so that
even if someone spotted it, they would have a hard time actually typing
the name. (yea, yea, I know ... security by obscurity and all that ... I
was young, ok?)

The advent of tab-completion rendered that little trick pretty useless.