[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems 0.8.0

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Wed Aug 18 10:45:34 EDT 2004

Hello all,

  We have a huge list of changes stacked up and ready to be released.  I
would like to (rather strongly) propose that we freeze all functionality
changes and begin testing for a RubyGems 0.8.0 release at the end of this
week.  All in favor?

  So if you've got extra RubyGems time this week, grab the latest CVS
snapshot and run everything you can think of.  New gems, old gems, rdoc,
testing (which I need to do some fixes for), etc. etc. etc.

  After 0.8.0 then it's (IMO) time to finish up features for a 0.9.0
release.  I'm thinking 0.9.0 thru 1.0 should be a series of small
enhancements and/or bug fixes leading up to 1.0 (by RubyConf!).  Any