[Rubygems-developers] Hello, and how do I tell rubygems to pass params to a build?

Brian Wisti brianwisti at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 02:19:57 EDT 2004

--- Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair at soyabean.com.au> wrote:
[ snip ]
> > Hi Brian.  Sorry for the delay in response.  To do
> this, you just pass a
> > "--" followed by the extconf options you want:
> > gem install fxruby --
> --with-fox-lib=/home/wist...etc.
> Not being a typical builder of C-based gems, but
> always being
> interested in improving the interface, I must ask,
> Brian: is this
> intuitive, and can you imagine (and express) a
> Better Way?
> Cheers,
> Gavin

Well, I'm not sure if it's exactly intuitive. But what
would be, for C-based gems? I think what you've got is
good enough for now, and follows a convention used by
a lot of applications.

How is this sort of thing handled with Perl and CPAN?
It might provide some approaches for handling this
sort of thing.

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti

Do you Yahoo!?