[Rubygems-developers] Rather than an 'rdoc' command.,,

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Sun Aug 15 07:48:26 EDT 2004

On Aug 14, 2004, at 11:12 PM, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> It strikes me that if we can just *reinstall* a gem (from the cache,
> after confirming it's valid), then we can do the rdoc, test and stub
> generation that way.
> Is that better than having seperate commands?
> I suppose since it's only a few then seperate commands might be OK.
> Just a thought.

I don't think that makes sense in this case.  We could _also_do
reinstall, but I don't want to reinstall a gem to gen rdoc.  I'm
attempting to add support for testing a pre-installed gem, too.  In
that case, I'm adding a switch to the "gem check" command.
Unfortunately I've spent a lot of unfruitful time trying to work
through spec incompatibilities.