[Rubygems-developers] Hello, and how do I tell rubygems to pass params to a build?

Brian Wisti brianwisti at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 17:26:39 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Rubygems appears to be coming along quite nicely. I
might have to start monkeying about with it more

I'm trying to install the FXRuby gem, and it's not
quite working.

 $ gem install --remote fxruby
Attempting remote installation of 'fxruby'
warning: Insecure world writable dir
/opt/amazon/content/bin, mode 040777
extconf.rb:30:in `find_installed_fox_version':
couldn't find FOX header files (RuntimeError)
        from extconf.rb:155
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
for inspection.

My question seems pretty straightforward to me, but
that's because I don't know anything about the
subject. ;-) How do I pass the necessary
parameters to fxruby through gem?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Wisti

Do you Yahoo!?