[Rubygems-developers] Committed: generate library stub on install

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Thu Apr 29 13:16:28 EDT 2004

On Friday, April 30, 2004, 2:33:07 AM, Gavin wrote:

>>>  - it's not cleaned up during uninstall (same as app stub)

>> Whoops!  Forgot about that with the app stub thing.

> I'm working on the uninstallation of app and library stubs right now.
> Watch this space.

OK, I've given up on this for the time being.  I'd like to just emit a
notice to the user advising them of the files that might not be needed
any longer.  But the corner cases (which I've documented in the source
code) make even that too much effort for the time being.

I suggest releasing 0.3 without worrying about this uninstallation
area.  In the release notes, just mention this stub app and lib
feature as a work in progress, which are doing fine except for
uninstall.  (Unless you want to code a quick message to STDERR?)

BTW no broken unit tests this time :)  No idea about the functional
ones though... :(

Cheers,
Gavin

P.S. I'd help with release notes, but it's 3:15am.