[Rubygems-developers] Uninstalling gems that other gems depend on

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Mon Apr 26 02:15:39 EDT 2004

On Monday, April 26, 2004, 12:53:26 PM, Chad wrote:

> I just checked in a change that will prompt the user when attempting to
> uninstall a gem that other gems may depend on.  It needs a lot of
> polishing and testing.  See what you think.

That's good, because my additions to install a library stub will need
polishing and testing as well :)

I just want to record the fact that uninstalling a gem does not
currently remove any application stubs pointing to that gem.

> Sorry I haven't been keeping up for the past few days.  I've been under
> the proverbial weather.  I know I've got emails left unanswered.  My
> apologies.

No worries.

Looks like it could be next weekend for the release.  Want to prepare
a trial release (but not release it) just to make sure everything
hangs together?