[Rubygems-developers] Changes I've made to the way platforms are handled

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Sun Apr 25 02:58:15 EDT 2004

* Gem::Platform::RUBY = 'ruby' (no change here).

* Platform specification is optional, default is Gem::Platform::RUBY.

* The platform is not included in the gem's full name if it is nil or
  Gem::Platform::RUBY.

* The platform is the last thing to appear in the gem's full name.

I've committed it, but include the patch so interested people can see
what's changed easily.  I hope the implementation is sound.

Here are the results, after I uninstalled the 3 (!) variations of
the sources gem and reinstalled.

  $ gem -Ll source

  *** LOCAL GEMS ***

  sources-0.0.1
      This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

  $ gem -Lo sources
  platform: ruby