[Rubygems-developers] Next RubyGems alpha this week?

Mauricio Fernández batsman.geo at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 16:49:51 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:33:27AM -0500, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> >
> > No serious issues, but it depends what the roadmap is.  The current
> > plan is to have a feature freeze after the next release and clean up a
> > bit.  Well, I think there are some essential features before that:
> >
> >  * backwards compatibility (allow require 'package' where package
> >    is a gem - i.e. install package.rb stub in site_ruby/1.x)
> >
> >  * Jim's "1.*"

I'd be happy to implement this, but it won't be useful unless it is
guaranteed that all 1.* will be API-compatible (with something like the
API versioning scheme patch I posted a few weeks ago).

Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

"Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?"
Microsoft spel chekar vor sail, worgs grate !!
	-- Felix von Leitner, leitner at inf.fu-berlin.de