[Rubygems-developers] Gem dependencies and the next release

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Thu Apr 22 12:56:00 EDT 2004

Gavin Sinclair said:
> Yeah, the "rdoc" config file key is working now, as long as you don't
> have options with spaces :(

Cool, I'll have to try it.

>   gem: --gen-rdoc --run-tests
>   rdoc: --template html --private
>   gem_path:
>     - this is currently ignored
>     - but I'll implement it tomorrow or Saturday
>     - (if not, release anyway)
> Not sure what you mean about file list.
> We currently specify app files with 'bin_files = ...'.  This would be
> nicer using something like the above approach.  The doc files are
> especially nice because it allows you to include stuff like README,
> TODO, and so on.  They can then get placed in
> 'gems/package-1.0/doc/misc', and we could have gem_server make them
> browable.
> Hmmmm.... come to think of it, I'm not sure this is what you're
> talking about Jim.  Oh well :)

Yes, this is exactly what I mean.  Rake has a README file written in RDoc
format that functions as the main page with links to all the other
distributed docs.  I need to add README, MIT-LICENSE, TODO and CHANGES as
well as a bunch of files in the doc directory to the list of source files
to get RDoc'd.