[Rubygems-developers] About to add...

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Thu Apr 22 11:33:14 EDT 2004

On Friday, April 23, 2004, 1:03:18 AM, why wrote:

> Chad Fowler wrote:

>> Maybe you need an Australian mirror. ;)

> What is the word on mirroring?  Is there a plan and can I read that very
> plan?  (I want to.)

No plan, on this list or (AFAIK) otherwise, at the moment.

I'd definitely like to see it.  All you need, if I'm not wrong, are
these commands, which have been mentioned:

  gem --update-all       # Update all your currently installed gems
  gem --fetch-all URL    # Or something
  gem --sync URL         #   like this

Something like that anyway.  Just sync from the master, run your own
server, and hey presto, you have a mirror!

I guess there are other features of a good mirroring system, like
auto-distributing downloads, but I already have a headache :)

None of this is essential functionality for the next few releases
anyway.

Cheers,
Gavin