[Rubygems-developers] PATCH: normalize summary specification into one line

Mauricio Fernández batsman.geo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 15:30:41 EDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 02:52:55PM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> When creating a gemspec for ruby-dict, this is how I defined the
> summary:
>   s.summary = <<-EOF
>     A Ruby implementation of the DICT protocol (RFC 2229) for using online
>     dictionaries.  It includes an application 'rdict' for looking up words
>     from the command-line.
>   EOF
> There's an implicit assumption when they are displayed that summaries
> are one line.  So I modified specification.rb to accept multi-line
> summaries and normalize them into one line.

I'd prefer short, single line summaries. But it's because I'm biased
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s-synopsis  ;-)

Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

...[Linux's] capacity to talk via any medium except smoke signals.
	-- Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center