[Rubygems-developers] How do application gems work?

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Tue Apr 13 21:57:42 EDT 2004

Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> I just remote-installed rake.  How do I run it?

There is a small manual step required when installing as a gem.  See the
  instructions at http://rake.rubyforge.org (the Gem Installation section).

Once installed, you just invoke it by typing "rake target" to build a
target, or just "rake" to build the default target (assumes you have a
Rakefile :-)

Is the application installation portion of RubyGems working yet?  I can
make a new Gem of Rake to take advantage of that when it is ready.