[Rubygems-developers] Tips for running RubyGems from CVS checkeout dirs

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Tue Apr 13 15:48:55 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Curt Hibbs wrote:

# Last weekend I started working on a GUI based RubyGems browser. Initially I
# just did some Gui scaffolding, but I am now to the point that I want to
# start interfacing with RubyGems code. I had previously installed from the
# released RubyGems distribution, but I want to be running from the latest CVS
# version.
#
# I don't want to have to run install.rb every time I update, and I prefer to
# work directly out of my CVS sandbox. How do you guys setup your RubyGems
# development environment?
#

Curt, I may be misunderstanding your question.  Does `ruby -I
/my/cvs/sandbox/rubygems/lib curtsguibrowser.rb` not do what you need?

Chad