[Rubygems-developers] Wiki CSS

Curt Hibbs curt at curthibbs.us
Tue Apr 13 13:42:43 EDT 2004

Chad Fowler wrote:
> On 12/4/2004, at 10:17 PM, why the lucky stiff wrote:
> > Anyway, hope you like it (and hope it, or something like it, gets
> > used :)
> I have to admit to having no eye for this kind of thing, but if you all
> think it's better I'll upload it. :)
> I definitely appreciate the fact that some people *do* have an eye for
> this kind of thing and then actually go to the trouble of doing
> something about it.

Overall I like it! But I have a couple suggestions:

1) I don't like the light green background (honeydew) on the preformatted
text -- it doesn't have enough contrast to make those text boxes stand out

2) I like the idea of the H2 headers having a more ruby-like color, but the
"coral" color to me looks more like an orange-brown than ruby.

I've attached a modified css file where I changed these two colors. For the
preformatted text, I changed it to "lavender", and for the H2 headers I
changed it to "lightcoral".

Try it out and see what you think!