[Rubygems-developers] Wiki CSS

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Mon Apr 12 14:52:19 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I have long found the presentation on the RubyGems wiki a bit
difficult to read.  The key culprit is the h2.  It doesn't stand out
enough from h3 or from code blocks (pre).

So I asked _why for some suggestions and implemented them.  The
results are in the attached "doc.css" file.  I also attached
GemReference.html, saved from the Wiki and edited to use that CSS
file.

_why's points were:
* Too dense: "I really like to give docs a lot of margin, big fonts,
  extra line-height"
* make h2 much bigger
* make code blocks stand out more with different backgound colour
* brown + grey == dull; use some red for that subliminal Ruby message

Anyway, hope you like it (and hope it, or something like it, gets used :)

Cheers,
Gavin