[Rubygems-developers] Arrrgh! I'm Seeing Double!

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Apr 5 23:55:57 EDT 2004

I just did a gem -Rl and saw duplicate packages with the same version in
the listing.  I looked at the sources.rb file and saw that it now
contains both the gems.rubyforge.org and gems.chadfowler.com.  I removed
chad's repository from the sources list and it dropped the double listings.

Do we expect that behavior?  I'm thinking that even with multiple
sources packages with the same version should be merged into a single entry.

BTW, when the multiple sources got installed, it broke at least one of
the unit tests.  This tells me that the unit tests are still too
dependent on the installed environment and need more isolation.  Just
something to keep in mind while review the unit tests.