[Rubygems-developers] Versioning policy input

David A. Black dblack at wobblini.net
Mon Apr 5 07:31:48 EDT 2004

Hi --

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Eivind Eklund wrote:

> Proposal:
>     Add a separate field "APIVersion" with a version number to the GEM spec,
>     which specifies API revisioning, and is rigidly formed for that purpose.

I like the idea of having something in the gemspec that flags API
changes.  It takes the burden off the public release numbering, so
that we wouldn't have to take on the literally impossible task of
trying to get all authors to agree on how to (publically) number their
releases.

David

--
David A. Black