[Rubygems-developers] Functional testing

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Apr 5 05:41:19 EDT 2004

Chad Fowler said:
> On 4/4/2004, at 12:42 PM, Chad Fowler wrote:
>> I made a start at functional testing (only a couple of assertions, but
>> the "framework" is there).  I'm using Ara Howard's Session module
>> (created a gem out of it and dropped it in "redist").  I'm not sure
>> yet if it works on Windows.  Comments are welcome before I get too far
>> down this path.

I've added the handfull of functional tests I've been working on.  I also
refactored functional.rb a bit.  Look and see if you approve.

The functional tests may be invoked by "rake functional" (or "rake ft" if
you are a lazy typer like me).

Also, I still see two failing unit tests.  One of the unit tests is
throwing a GemNotFoundException.  For some reason, this kills the unit
test framework, so I changed the GEM exceptions to inherit from
RuntimeError instead of Exception.  This allowed Test::Unit to run to