[Rubygems-developers] rublog breakage on require_gem

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Sat Apr 3 07:42:33 EST 2004

On 1/4/2004, at 3:48 AM, Greg T wrote:

> But, I get breakage when I try to require
> rublog.
>
> irb(main):004:0> require_gem 'rublog'
> NoMethodError: undefined method `each' for
> nil:NilClass
>         from
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:42:in
> `require_gem'
>         from (irb):4

It seems that you have uncovered 3 problems:  the rublog gem is messed
up, the error handling in this section of require_gem is bad, and if
require_path is required, we shouldn't actually allow a gem to be
generated without one.

I'll start on this stuff this morning (starting with replacing the
rublog gem, probably).

Thanks!
Chad