[Rubygems-developers] application gems and proxy handling

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Sat Apr 3 07:37:18 EST 2004

On 2/4/2004, at 10:54 PM, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For my own understanding and for the sake of the next release, I would
> like a comment from those in the know (that's Chad, really, in this
> case :) about both of these areas.
>
> 1. What is the status of 'application' gems?  What will the status be
>    for the next release, and what will happen in the future?

'application' gems basically work as of now, but I would like to get
more feedback and testing of them.  That could start with any of you
who have applications to make gems of and then expand to the next alpha
release.

> 2. Does proxy handling currently work?  For someone behind a proxy,
>    what command do they run to install something?  Is there anything
>    else they have to do?

Last time I tried it, it also worked for me.  I can't try it from home,
so I'll have to do so when I go back to work on Monday.

Chad