[Rubygems-developers] application gems and proxy handling

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Sat Apr 3 13:54:43 EST 2004

Hi,

For my own understanding and for the sake of the next release, I would
like a comment from those in the know (that's Chad, really, in this
case :) about both of these areas.

1. What is the status of 'application' gems?  What will the status be
   for the next release, and what will happen in the future?

2. Does proxy handling currently work?  For someone behind a proxy,
   what command do they run to install something?  Is there anything
   else they have to do?

I couldn't get any remote operations working when I was last behind a
proxy.  Not that I tired really hard.

Cheers,
Gavin