[Rubygems-developers] Handling documentation

Richard Kilmer rich at infoether.com
Sat Nov 29 02:18:43 EST 2003

On Nov 28, 2003, at 7:26 PM, Chad Fowler wrote:

> I believe Rich has actually started implementing the doc stuff.  We may
> have a first pass within a few hours.

well, family first, but the initial version is there.

sudo ruby -i <file.gem> --gen-rdoc

places rdoc in:

for that gem.

* Generate rdoc for multiple installed gems in remote-install.
* Build index/uri in webrick app for documentation browsing
* Check if rdoc is not installed (right now it will fail if not
   and provide option to install rdoc via gems!
* Fix .gem builder to emit the ability to --gen-rdoc if running directly