[Rubygems-developers] Getting to an initial release + wiki

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Mon Nov 24 07:05:21 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, David A. Black wrote:

# Hi --
#
# On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Chad Fowler wrote:
#
# > On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Richard Kilmer wrote:
# >
# > # We now have a project wiki on the RubyForge site:
# > # http://rubygems.rubyforge.org
# > #
# > # I started adding stuff, but I need folks to contribute.
# > #
# > # What do you guys think we need Gems prior to an initial release?
# > #
# >
# > I've ben wondering that myself.  We can probably make an initial, rough
# > release prretty soon.  My biggest concern now is handling exception
# > conditions and fixing small things.  I think the functionality list is
# > pretty much worth of a test release to try to get more feedback/testing.
# >
# > We obviously need more documentation before we can release anything, and
# > it would be nice to increase the number of unit tests.
# >
# > I plan to keep chipping away in between real work this week.  It would be
# > great to be able to release something in a week.
#
# It might be good to get a few testers, by invitation, to put it
# through its paces and give feedback, before a general release.
#
#

That's a good idea.  We probably want to avoid flopping on this one. :)