[Rubygems-developers] Getting to an initial release + wiki

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Mon Nov 24 04:53:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Richard Kilmer wrote:

# We now have a project wiki on the RubyForge site:
# http://rubygems.rubyforge.org
# I started adding stuff, but I need folks to contribute.
# What do you guys think we need Gems prior to an initial release?

I've ben wondering that myself.  We can probably make an initial, rough
release prretty soon.  My biggest concern now is handling exception
conditions and fixing small things.  I think the functionality list is
pretty much worth of a test release to try to get more feedback/testing.

We obviously need more documentation before we can release anything, and
it would be nice to increase the number of unit tests.

I plan to keep chipping away in between real work this week.  It would be
great to be able to release something in a week.