[Rubygems-developers] Getting to an initial release + wiki

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Mon Nov 24 04:53:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Richard Kilmer wrote:

# We now have a project wiki on the RubyForge site:
# http://rubygems.rubyforge.org
#
# I started adding stuff, but I need folks to contribute.
#
# What do you guys think we need Gems prior to an initial release?
#

I've ben wondering that myself.  We can probably make an initial, rough
release prretty soon.  My biggest concern now is handling exception
conditions and fixing small things.  I think the functionality list is
pretty much worth of a test release to try to get more feedback/testing.

We obviously need more documentation before we can release anything, and
it would be nice to increase the number of unit tests.

I plan to keep chipping away in between real work this week.  It would be
great to be able to release something in a week.

Chad