[Rubygems-developers] Online gems repositories?

Chad Fowler chad at chadfowler.com
Thu Dec 18 07:16:53 EST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Gavin Sinclair wrote:

# Last I checked, Chad's advertised repository wasn't providing any
# goodies.  That was a while ago, but I thought I'd mention it since
# there hasn't been any mail recently, and I'd like to see some
# discussion on things related to online repositories anyway.
#

It's up now.

Keep in mind that if you want to test locally, you can do so by starting
the gem server (bin/gem_server) and editing your sources file.  You can
either edit the sources file directly or go into the packages/ directory
of the ruby gems distribution and edit the sources package and install it.

By the way, if you're hoping to find some real gems on my repository, I'm
afraid there aren't any.  It's full of my junk right now. :)

Before releasing we should probably seed the ruby world with a useful
collection of gems.

Chad