[Rubyamf-discussion] [Fwd: Re: hi all]

aaron smith beingthexemplary at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 23:28:17 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

If you wanted to use REST calls in Flex, you'd have to use HTTPService
class. What you're doing with REST is a basic GET call over HTTP. SSR, is
specifically for flash remoting, which is over HTTP but uses the binary AMF
format. Where as REST uses xml, or rss, or whichever markup language you see
fit.

SSR wouldn't work with a true rails REST call like
http://localhost:3000/user/show/1.xml

Does that make sense / help?

-Aaron