[ruby-opengl-devel] new Ruby-OpenGL fork

Lars Kanis lars at greiz-reinsdorf.de
Tue Jan 31 07:18:17 EST 2012

Hi ruby-opengl-devels,

as the current maintainer of FXRuby, I'm interested in a working and
easy to install OpenGL gem on any platform. Since there is not much
maintainence to the original ruby-opengl.gem, I created yet another
fork of it at https://github.com/larskanis/opengl .

The fork collects the fixes contributed to
https://github.com/pbosetti/ruby-opengl and this one
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=29477&group_id=2103&atid=8185
. Furthermore the build system is changed from mkrf to
rake-compiler+mkmf and from Gem::PackageTask to Hoe. It also includes
a cross compilation task for building fat binary gems for win32 on a
Unix platform. The test suite isn't fully passing, but I'm not familar
enough with OpenGL to fix it.

You may try it out by:
    gem install opengl --prerelease

I don't want to maintain this fork for my own, but would like to merge
it with the other contributors. So feedback is very welcome.

--
Regards,
Lars