[ruby-opengl-devel] Converting to FFI?

Gregory Seidman gsslist+rgl at anthropohedron.net
Sun Jan 2 18:37:13 EST 2011

I haven't been paying much attention to ruby-opengl recently, but there
have been some questions about working with OpenGL on the main ruby-talk
mailing list. I was wondering if any thought had been given to moving to an
FFI backend for ruby-opengl. Since FFI is now the preferred mechanism for
gems with native extensions and works on MRI 1.8.7 and 1.9 as well as
jruby, it seems like a good approach.

Is there any work going on toward that? Is anyone interested in making it
happen? I'd love to do it, since I'd like to get some practice working with
FFI, but I've found very little free time since becoming a father.

--Greg