[ruby-opengl-devel] JRuby

Alain Hoang hoanga at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Mar 14 13:34:54 EDT 2008

Hi Andrey,

On Mar 15, 2008, at 2:02 AM, Andrey “A.I.” Sitnik wrote:

> Hello.
> Is it possible to port ruby-opengl on jruby platfrom (use in Java,
> for example, JOGL)? There isn't architecture problem?

	I'm not sure how this would work to tell you the truth.  Most of the
work for ruby-opengl is in the C-binding area to provide the Ruby API
for ruby-opengl.   My faint understanding for a jruby port is that
portion would need to be written to handle how this would work in
Java.  It would be quite cool to have a jruby-opengl port that was
similar to the API that is offered by ruby-opengl.

	Perhaps the best way to understand how this would work is see if
there have been other jruby ports of Ruby libraries that are basically
C-bindings and see how they have handled it.