[ruby-opengl-devel] Release 0.60.0 of ruby-opengl
jan.dvorak at kraxnet.cz
Tue Jan 8 11:55:46 EST 2008
we've released version 0.60.0 of the bindings. Changes include:
* Automatic error checking for GL/GLU calls, enabled by default (see
* Added support for many more OpenGL extensions
* Support for Ruby 1.9.0+ (requires mkrf 0.2.3)
* Ton of bugfixes.
* Boolean functions/parameters was changed to ruby true/false instead of
GL_TRUE / GL_FALSE, which remains for compatibility
* glGet* functions now returns x instead of [x] when returning only one value
* Functions operating on packed strings (glTexture, gl*Pointer etc.) now
accepts ruby arrays directly
* Matrix handling functions also accepts instances of Matrix class, or any
class that can be converted to array
* glUniform*v and glUniformmatrix*v now does not require 'count' parameter,
they will calculate it from length of passed array
* glCallLists needs type specifier (previously was forced to GL_BYTE)
* On ruby 1.9, glut keyboard callback returns char ("x") instead of integer so
using 'if key == ?x' works on both 1.8 and 1.9
As you can see there were lot of changes, so expect some bugs.
As always, any feedback is welcome.
More information about the ruby-opengl-devel