[ruby-opengl-devel] Windows support

Jan Dvorak jan.dvorak at kraxnet.cz
Fri Mar 30 10:48:31 EDT 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 13:38, you wrote:
> The reason I included glext.h was a missing definition of 'GLsizeiptr'
> for glBufferData. Maybe that should be added somewhere then?
I knew i missed something :) Thanks for pointing this out. Yes, some new
datatypes were introduced in new GL versions and also extensions. I'm
attaching patch that should add them to top of gl-enums.h. Let me know if
this works for you, if yes i'll add it to SVN. I'm sorry that i can't test
this properly as i currently don't have working windows installation.

> I think that it would be hard to make any assumptions there.
> Therefore it might at least be sensible to document that it is expected
> somewhere and that e.g. using INCLUDE and LIB environment variables they
> should be able to be resolved.
Yes.

> Maybe glut.h could be shipped with the one-click-installer, just as the
> .lib file seems to be. To me it does not make sense that the .lib is
> there without having the .h too.
That would make sense, yes.

Regards,
Jan