[ruby-opengl-devel] Windows support

Jan Dvorak jan.dvorak at kraxnet.cz
Thu Mar 29 11:12:11 EDT 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 15:31, Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
> Hi all,
Hello

> I just stumbled on the ruby-opengl project and I am really
> enthousiastic, since I was missing opengl extensions in the 0.32x
> versions.
>
> However my main development platform is windows, and I noticed that that
> is not yet supported. Is there any particular reason?
Windows is supported in code (as you saw by compiling it), the only issue is
with build system - we were talking about whether we can adapt the build
system which will create and install the bindings from source gem, or whether
we will provide only binary gem for windows (as majority of ruby users on
windows will be using the one-click ruby installer and won't have installed
any development tools needed to compile C code). Alain is looking into this
right now.
> I would not mind spending some time getting this in place, so ... how
> can I help?
> With some fiddling around (editing the generated Rakefiles), I got
> everything compiled. Where/who should I contact to get the changes into
> the trunk?
Of course, any help is welcome! You can post patches directly to this mailing
list (preffered), or send them to the project admin Alain Hoang
(hoanga at alum.rpi.edu).

Regards,
Jan