[ruby-opengl-devel] Status report

Jan Dvorak jan.dvorak at kraxnet.cz
Fri Mar 16 15:37:18 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've added some interactive tests into trunk, these can be run by 'rake
test_interactive' as stated in previous Alain's email, and can be compared to
reference renderings in test/interactive/reference. These testcases should
test about 40% of all opengl functions so far. The good news is that although
i have to fix some bugs in the process, they were mostly typos or copy&paste
errors, nothing critical.

The API should be pretty stable now, meaning that any program working with
current trunk state of the bindings should work without changes in all future
releases.

What's still missing is documentation about API changes (compared to C), i'll
try to organize my notes concerning this and will send them here in following
days.

I'm afraid i won't have much time working on the project for the next two
weeks, but i'll be reading (and responding to) this mailing list,so feel free
to test everything and report any problems/ideas.

As for next release, i noticed some people using modified Yoshi's bindings
with version names such as 0.33pX or 0.34pre, so i suggest numbering next
release as 0.4.0 to avoid confusion (also there was lots of stuff added to
trunk since last release). Alain, what do you think ?

As always, any comments are welcome.
Regards,
Jan