[ruby-opengl-devel] Release 0.40.0 of ruby-opengl

Al Hoang hoanga at alum.rpi.edu
Wed Jul 18 21:42:06 EDT 2007

Hi all,

    Yesterday I quietly tagged and uploaded the 0.40.0 release of ruby-opengl.
By now it should be mirrored across all the rubyforge mirrors.

Some changes gleaned from the changelog:
o Support for OpenGL 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1,5, 2.0 functions
o A more comprehensive test suite
o Multiple bug fixes
o Added more example code
o Win32 support

I've currently tested the gem install on the following platforms:
 * Ubuntu Linux 7.04

    Jan, if you have a win32 binary gem already laying around, could you load
that to the rubyforge site?  I'm sure that will be a boon to many Windows users
and perhaps we can nudge the all-in-one installer maintainer to see about
including the ruby-opengl gem instead of the old Yoshi binding one.

Cheers,
Alain