[ruby-opengl-devel] Status update

Jan Dvorak jan.dvorak at kraxnet.cz
Tue Jul 17 01:11:01 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 01:32, Alain Hoang wrote:
> Wow, that is excellent!  In regards to the release, the trunk Rakefile
> has had the new gem tag for awhile so I think the only thing left for
> creating a new release is to create the svn tag and create the gems and
> upload them.  If you think trunk is in a ready state I'll create the
> release.
I think it is.

> I had a couple of questions on building the win32 gems.  Which version
> of Visual C++ are you using?  Is the gem compatible with the all-in-one
> Ruby installer that is provided on the ruby-lang.org website?

I have updated building instructions in docs/build_install.txt to reflect the
windows compilation/install. Basically the compiler must be the same as used
for compilation of ruby binary (for ruby-lang.org installer its MSVC 6.0) -
unfortunately it seems MSVC is binary incompatible with itself in various
versions, so it is not possible to use the free 2005, or other MSVC builds.

The other things are installing Platform SDK from MS, supplying glut.h from
any glut package, and in case of the one-click ruby installer, after building
and installing the gem, deleting the original opengl.so and glut.so from the
install so there isn't conflict.

The one-click installer is the only i've tried on windows, but it should work
with other ruby binary builds as well.

Jan