[ruby-opengl-devel] Status update

Alain Hoang hoanga at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Jul 16 19:32:10 EDT 2007

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the slow reply.

Jan Dvorak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> first, sorry for the long silence. The good news is the project is still
> alive :) I added numerous automatic testcases for all opengl core functions
> (that also completely replaces the interactive testsuite), fixing number of
> bugs in the process. I was also able to compile the bindings on windows
> (thanks to Ronald Pijnacker) so i can now build binary win32 gems if needed.

Wow, that is excellent!  In regards to the release, the trunk Rakefile
has had the new gem tag for awhile so I think the only thing left for
creating a new release is to create the svn tag and create the gems and
upload them.  If you think trunk is in a ready state I'll create the
release.

I had a couple of questions on building the win32 gems.  Which version
of Visual C++ are you using?  Is the gem compatible with the all-in-one
Ruby installer that is provided on the ruby-lang.org website?

Cheers,
Alain