[ruby-opengl-devel] Release 0.33.0 of ruby-opengl

Al Hoang hoanga at alum.rpi.edu
Wed Feb 21 00:49:33 EST 2007

Hi all,

    I'm happy to announce the first release of ruby-opengl since its
inception.  I'm calling this version 0.33.0 in tradition of following
the original author's (Yoshi) numbering scheme.

    Now that I've finally figured out how to get the gem to properly
build the C-bindings on gem installation time I think this makes it
much easier for people to try out ruby-opengl and delete it if it
does not suit their purposes.

I've currently tested the gem install on the following platforms:
 * Ubuntu Linux 6.06 64-bit edition
 * Mac OS X 10.4.8 PPC with Darwinports installed version of Ruby

    Please try it out and let me know if you're having any problems
or if you wish to just mention what OS you installed it on.  At present
there is NO Windows gem available however I hope to iron that out as
soon as I figure out how.

Cheers,
Alain