[ruby-opengl-devel] Mac OS X Fixes

Al Hoang hoanga at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Feb 20 03:37:59 EST 2007

Hi Sean,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:20:15AM -0800, Sean Long wrote:
> I made some fixes to the mkrf_conf files so the library will compile
> correctly on OS X. I also moved the functionality of build.sh into the
> Rakefile and made it work correctly on OS X, so build.sh can be
> removed.

    Thanks for testing this on OS X and reporting back the results
and an even bigger thanks for a patch.

> I am including a single patch with the changes.
> The changes were tested on 2 different Macs one PPC and one Intel both
> running 10.4.8.
> Also used the mkrf 0.2.0 gem.

    Great!   I looked through the patch and noticed that I already made
a bunch of changes to the Rakefile to use the built-in mkrf tasks better
for building the plugins which is incompatible with your patch I'm afraid
however I've incorported the other changes to the mkrf_conf.rb files and
have commited these into svn.  It seems the latest patches from Jan also
triggered another bug in OS X but a quick fix to rbogl.h for the rb2cint
definition fixed this.

    If you get a chance, please try the latest SVN revision and see if
this builds alright for you.

# Install mkrf if not already installed
1. gem install -y mkrf
2. Run 'rake' at the top level
3. Run 'rake gem' to build a gem
4. Run 'gem install pkg/*.gem' to install the built gem
5. Run 'ruby -rubygems examples/plane.rb' and see if you get a
   nice picture

> Thanks for doing this project so I did not have to start my own :)

    I'm just the steward carrying it on.  I think the originators too ;)