[ruby-opengl-devel] Crash in glGetShaderInfoLog

Ronald Pijnacker pijnacker at dse.nl
Thu Apr 5 13:57:57 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem with glGetShaderInfoLog: a crash.
I tried debugging through it, but I end up somewhere in the runtime,
where I cannot follow what's going on anymore (somewhere in ruby_eval).

Platform: windows
ruby-opengl version: svn version r173.
ruby: ruby 1.8.6 (one-click-installer)

Any help would be appreciated.

Also: I was expecting glGetShaderiv to return a bool when passing
GL_COMPILE_STATUS. Instead I got 0, which passes through if ...
Would it be feasible to return a boolean type when OpenGL docs specify
that GL_TRUE or GL_FALSE is returned?