[ruby-opengl-devel] GL header reference

John Gabriele jmg3000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:07:04 EDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Robert Krimen <grin.k1tt3n at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea to contribute, on a temporary basis, our gl
> headers to a reference directory in the project
>
> For example:
> [snip]
>
> Just to see what different systems have
>
> I cannot commit mine, but I'd like to take a look at the MacOS / freeglut
> headers
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

I don't think committing them to our repository is such a good idea.
For one thing, there might be licensing issues (since, we'd be de
facto distributing them). For another thing, anyone is free to
download the headers directly from the Mesa and freeglut sites anyway:

http://www.mesa3d.org/
http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/

For ruby-opengl, the free implementations are the first-class
citizens, and although I'm sure other ones will work with ruby-opengl
and get lots of testing (for example, Mac OS X's), if you want a set
of reference headers, Mesa & freeglut should be the ticket.

---John