[ruby-opengl-devel] New build

John Gabriele jmg3000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 11:41:40 EDT 2006

On 9/4/06, Robert Krimen <grin.k1tt3n at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is running fine on my machine again...cool
> Is this new direction/version pretty stable?

There's still some changes to go.

Thu and Peter are working on a script to help automate updating us
from OpenGL 1.2.

Also, the following:

1. I've got Ruby built from source and installed in /opt, and
ruby-opengl currently isn't linking for me. I'm working on getting it
to build using mkrf. If that works, we may go back to having
subdirectories in ext.

2. We'll likely not glue Gl and Glu into the the same opengl.so module.

3. Some trivial changes will likely happen with with names inside the
modules (i.e., module name "GL" to "Gl". Also probably prepending the
"gl" and "GL" onto functions and constants, respectively so we can get
rid of gl_c.rb).